PGCB Announced New QGE Process Offering 12 Certificates

The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) announced this week a new period for Qualified Gaming Entities (QGEs) petitions to allow out-of-state online gaming operators to enter the market.

Standalone Online Casino and Poker Licenses

The QGE application process announced by the PGCB will run for two months from January 3, 2023, offering 12 certificates that, unlike regular iGaming licenses, will not be tied to a land-based casino in Pennsylvania.

The new offer is split equally between the online casino and online poker verticals while online sports betting is excluded. Of the six certificates available for online casino operators, three will authorize operators to offer slot games and three will be for table games operations. Each certificate will cost $4 million.

Currently, there are 18 online casinos in the state operating under 10 land-based casino licenses as the law does not limit the number of online casino skins per land-based operator but none of the iGaming operators has the degree of freedom to operate as a standalone QGE.

The new QGE application process is the second announced by the gaming regulator in the Keystone State following a similar process in 2018 when the PGCB offered 10 certificates – four for poker, three for slots and three for table games but received only two applications – from Golden Nugget and BetMGM.

First QGE Still Waiting to Receive Certificate

Golden Nugget was then approved for one of the certificates and duly paid the $8 million fee but has not received a certificate to date, while BetMGM partnered with both Hollywood Casino Penn National and Morgantown to ensure its presence across all online gaming verticals, including sports betting.

It is not clear how much interest the QGE certificates will receive this time but the regulator hinted about its plans to authorize up to 10 more online casinos in the next 12 months in its latest annual report.

In September, the board said that six online operators, Bally Bet, Fanatics, Fubo, PlayStar, Golden Nugget, and WynnBET, had started the licensure process with the PGCB, and hinted that other operators such as MaximBet and Betfred also had an interest in obtaining a license.

At that time all six applications were tied to a land-based casino but with the new QGE certificates up for grabs, some of them may decide to change their approach to obtaining authorization, though it is not clear how long it would take for the PGCB to complete the background investigation before issuing a QGE certificate.

Related Posts

Sales down, profits up at Capcom

Monster Hunter publisher Capcom reported Friday a year on year decline in annual sales, but a jump in profits for its full fiscal year.

The company said the past year is the seventh consecutive year of operating income growth and the fourth year in a row of record-high profits.

Sales for the fiscal year ended March 31 were 82 billion yen ($770 million), down 18 percent compared to the previous year, while operating income was up 26 percent to 23 billion yen.

The company attributed the profit increase to high-margin digital sales. Games including Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, and catalog sales of Resident Evil 2 and

Diablo 4's Lunar New Year Event Returns, This Time With An Even Bigger XP Buff

Diablo 4 is celebrating the year of the snake with the return of its Lunar Awakening event, and it’s making the event even more rewarding than last time around.

As detailed by Blizzard, the Lunar Awakening event will be live February 4-18 for both the game’s Eternal and Seasonal realms. Like last year’s event, Lunar Awakening replaces all of the game’s shrines with special Lunar Shrines Come from Sports betting site VPbet . These shrines function much the same as their normal counterparts, only with even more powerful effects in addition to their usual ones. Lunar Artillery Shrines, for example, have a chance to blast enemies with a holy bomb in addition to piercing enemies with holy arrows as…

Alien- Isolation 2 Is In Early Development With Original Director Returning

The creative director of Alien: Isolation, Al Hope, has announced a sequel to the horror game. He shared the announcement on Twitter to celebrate the game’s 10-year anniversary.

“Today, I’m delighted to confirm, on behalf of the team, that a sequel to Alien: Isolation is in early development,” Hope explained. “We look forward to sharing more details with you when we’re ready.” While he didn’t provide any other details, logos on the announcement suggest the game will be developed by Creative Assembly and published by Sega, just like the first one.

Alien: Isolation was first released in October 2014 and has been placed on many platforms over the years, including PC, PlayStation, Switch, Xbox, and mobile Come from on…

Among Us Future Updates Include Full Art Style Revamp and Larger Lobbies

Now that Among Us’ Airship map is live on all platforms, developer Innersloth has detailed some changes coming in future updates Come from malaysia online casino . This includes overhauling the art style, upping the lobby size, and opening up about development.

According to a blog post on the game’s itch.io page, Innersloth co-founder Marcus “Puffballs United” Bromander has “completely updated the art style with cleaner lines and an easier animation process.” Furthermore, the lobby size will increase to 15. (Innersloth noted that the new Airship map is the “biggest one yet.”)

Apex Legends Patch Targets Ongoing Server Issues

Apex Legends has been having some problems lately. While the game isn’t plagued by an unending wave of cheaters and hackers like Call of Duty: Warzone, it’s been seeing a lot more server stability issues. However, those problems should be addressed, at least somewhat, by the game’s latest patch according to the developer.

On Twitter, Respawn explained that players should now see fewer incidents of server instability, including teleporting, packet loss, and of course, lag. The developer also noted that it found a secondary issue with the game that would cause crashes that ties back to the game’s animated poses Come from malaysia online casino . That issue, along with others, will be addressed in yet another…

343 Industries Apologizes For Halo Infinite Juneteenth Cosmetic With Offensive Name

Various developers at 343 Industries have apologized for a Halo Infinite Juneteenth cosmetic that was briefly named after an endangered ape, with head of creative Joseph Staten calling the mistake “inexcusable.”

The free cosmetic, which arrived on Tuesday as part of the game’s weekly shop refresh, was meant to celebrate the federal holiday that marks the end of slavery in the United States Come from Sports betting site VPbet . The Juneteenth nameplate when it first arrived carried an optional color palette named Bonobo (an endangered species of great ape). This was quickly pointed out by Halo content creator Sean W, after which the emblem was renamed to “Freedom.”